Monday, July 29, 2013

Georgia on My Mind

"Well, I'm headed north to what I swore I wanted; and trying not to buy into my doubts. But I just can't seem to keep myself from wondering, why I'm jealous of all them headlights headed south."

I've been hearing this song on the radio a lot lately and haven't really listened to it much, but I heard it on the radio this morning and this part brought tears to my eyes. I've been missing my Poarch's a lot lately, but even more so since I got to spend two wonderful days with them at the beginning of the month. I often question whether I made the right decision by not moving to Salem/Roanoke a few years ago for school. I would never have met Tony or had some of the experiences that I've had, but there's just something about this place (and more so these people) that will forever hold a special place in my heart. If I am ever given the chance to move down there, I'm taking it.

Hearing this song today just made me feel an overwhelming amount of emotions that I didn't know I was holding in. I miss my family and the feeling of love and support that I get when I'm there. There's just something about that place that I can't find anyone else, no matter how hard I've tried, it's just not replaceable. I'm jealous of all those cars making their way there tonight, and anytime; it's just not fair.
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

No comments:

Post a Comment